Have you ever wondered about the meaning of a certain chart feature or symbol? Go beyond the standard chart legends with this comprehensive guide!
Using and understanding aeronautical charts is an essential skill for every pilot. This updated 10th Edition of the Aeronautical Chart User's Guide by the FAA AeroNav Products branch is the definitive learning aid, reference document, and introduction to the wealth of information provided on aeronautical charts and chart navigation publications.
In part, the 10th Edition includes the following information:
- Changes and additions to chart symbology
- Updates to Flight Restricted Zones (FRZ) relating to National Security
- Updates to Special Use Airspace areas
- Identification of Alaska Weather Cameras on VFR Aeronautical Charts
- Identification of RNAV Routes
Also includes reference and legends for:
- Visual Flight Rules (VFR) charts
- Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) enroute charts
- Terminal Procedures Publications (TPP)
- Current airspace classes
This guide is an excellent reference book for novice and experienced pilots alike. International pilots can also use this book to familiarize themselves with U.S. charts.